Monday, September 29, 2008

Russell Crowe: So badass he plays the Hero AND the Villian!

For years I have been a huge Ridley Scott fan and right now he's been teaming up with Russell Crowe to make a lot of movies. The first time they worked together was on Gladiator and that movie was just plain fucking awesome. And right now Scott is in a pattern where he makes smaller films in between epic films. For example he made Matchstick Men in between Kingdom of Heaven and Gladiator. Well Scott has a spy film coming out called Body of Lies and has announced that his next film has been green lit which happens to be Robin Hood.

Now Russell Crowe has always been rumoured to play either Robin Hood or the Sheriff of Nottingham. I was never surprised by this news because I can see him playing either roles and being great but some disturbing news has been confirmed today.

Mr. Crowe will be playing Robin Hood AND the Sheriff of Nottingham. I don't know how to handle this news. In the hands of a lesser director I would glaze over this news but a "I don't really care anymore" feeling. However this is Ridley Scott we are talking about here and if anyone can pull this off and make it awesome it would be him. The problem is that sometimes directors get this great idea on how to utilize an actor and don't really think whether it helps the film or not, and this has me worried. It could turn out great and I have really high hopes but this has the stink of disaster written all over it.

No comments: