Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Chuck": The Poor Man's Spy

Well television sweeps are full steam ahead and I've been trying to keep up with everything I can. By October I will be following at least a dozen shows from Dexter on Showtime(a personal fav of mine) all the way to the new "Knight Rider(the first episode was very cringe worthy). Most other shows like "Always Sunny in Philly" and "The Daily Show" people are already keeping up with but one show that doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar that I know of is the show "Chuck."

Chuck is now in its second season after a long break over the summer and I caught some of the episodes last season when the Sci Fi channel started airing the show. I enjoyed it in parts, I liked the concept of an average joe having to deal with a couple of super spies in a real world situation. Watching super spies having to deal with mundane jobs that are boring, slow is inherently funny for me to watch.

I also feel that Chuck reacts naturally in the situations he's in. When ever there is a gun fight or a group of terrorists come storming in Chuck reacts like most people would, scared shitless. Sure he says jokes but in the same way Spiderman does. The jokes makes being scared ok.

Anyway's the show is ok if you don't mind the slapstick humor sometimes and I'm going to keep watching the show now since I have a steady source of getting the episodes. Thank god for hulu.com.

No comments: