Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Dexter": I'm Hyped but scared.

For years I have been hearing about a show called "Dexter" which told the story of a man that killed murders. I was intriged however the show was on Showtime and so I passed it over thinking that I would never get to see it.

However recently I got Netflix and on Netflix you can watch movies and TV shows instantly on your computer so I gave the first season of Dexter a try. Jesus Christ I love this show. It hits all the right beats with me and I enjoy the characters so much. Though the first season was amazing the second season blew it out of the water. I am totally hooked which brings up my concerns for the new season.

The new season officially starts this sunday, however I've already seen the pilote and although great it shows some bad signs. The season premiere episode for the last two season's have been roller coaster rides unto themselves and presented an interesting concept that would carry throught the rest of the season.

Since the season hasn't really started I won't spoil it but I do have to say there was nothing in the season opener that feels like it could carry the rest of the season. I'm still interested in what will happen in what was presented however neither of them are like the other serial killer in season 1 or Dexter's victims being discovered in season 2. I'm still watching and hopefully episode 2 will bring something to the table.

No comments: